These containers are easily assembled around a bottom disk. A hole is at the tip of each outwardly projecting funnel on the side wall of these two containers. Roots are directed outward toward these holes, forcing them to branch and continuing the air root-pruning process.
RootmakerII® is the latest and greatest design by Dr. Carl Whitcomb. These containers create a fibrous, non-circulating root system that promotes horizontal root branching. They offer greater efficiency of water and nutrition absorption and are equipped for rapid transplant success and long term health. Want to know more about the perfect plant containers? We have answers to your questions.
- RootBuilder II 3 Gallon Kit
- RootBuilder II 5 Gallon HIGH Kit
RootMakers® are designed to create fibrous, non-circling root systems horizontally and vertically at all phases of production to equip plants for transplanting success. Our products aren't just "containers" but rather root production tools. Each step complements the next, building upon the previous fibrous root system. A fibrous root system means a greater root tip surface area and translates to a greater efficiency in the absorption of water and nutrients; an increase in growth rate, establishment, and vigor; a higher transplant survivability; and ultimately, superior performance.
- Create a fibrous, non-circling root system. (without toxic chemicals)
- Promote horizontal root branching.
- Greater efficiency of water and nutrient absorption.
- Accelerates plant growth, increases vigor.
- Compliments a variety of production methods above ground, in-ground, or -in-pot.
- Plants are equipped for rapid transplant success and long-term health.
- Researched and patented.
These RootMaker® containers continue the air-root pruning process and promote horizontal root branching, not just downward growth. Because our containers eliminate circling roots, there is no need to break up the root ball when transplanting. This minimizes transplant shock and speeds up establishment.
- RootMaker 1 gallon round container
- RootMaker 1 gallon square container
- RootMaker 3 gallon round container
- RootMaker 5 gallon round container
The first step toward creating a fibrous root system is RootMaker® Propagation containers. These containers give vegetables, flowers, shrubs and trees a good start by creating more root tips. An increased number of active root tips means a healthier, more efficient plant.
- RootMaker II - 32 Cell Tray
- RootMaker II - 60 Cell Tray
The RootTrapper® is an attractive container that benefits your plants. Our RootTrapper® Container is a white, soft-sided container that stimulates root branching by trapping root tips. Because the container is white, the soil temperature is reduced, which leads to greater root growth and less water usage.
- RootTrapper II - 5 gallon w/ Folded Bottom
- RootTrapper II - 8 gallon w/ Folded Bottom
- RootTrapper II - 3 gallon
- RootTrapper II - 5 gallon
- RootTrapper II - 7 gallon
- RootTrapper II - 10 gallon
- RootTrapper II - 15 gallon
- RootTrapper II - 30 gallon
- RootTrapper II - 45 gallon
- RootTrapper II - 60 gallon